Take care of the humidity surrounding you and your electronics! Many electronics won't work well or even start breaking down if it's too humid or too dry. Also, using electronics immediately after transferring them from a cool place to a very humid one can cause them to short-circuit. Let it "cool down" for a short while before using it.
Take seriously your electronic devices' instruction manuals telling you to remove the batteries if the product won't be used for a long time. They can corrode or leak in your device, potentially damaging it - and your skin if you touch it - and thus cutting its life short.
It's pretty well known that leaving an appliance or appliances running for too long can cause it to overheat and even explode, potentially causing a catastrophic fire that can spell the end of our home. But what about for those that aren't in use? Yeah, yeah, it may seem obvious that one needs to unplug appliances… Continue reading Beware the phantom power!